I admit I am a bit addicted to getting the perfect selfie. Check out my Instagram page and you are sure to find pictures of me scattered throughout. I like to think that I have perfected the art of the selfie over the past year and have discovered just the right positions to make the most of my #Covermoment. Hint – make gravity your friend.
What is a #covermoment you ask? It’s the moment one feels her most beautiful and empowered self and wants to share it with the world. For me that is pretty much any time that I actually put a little effort into how I look before heading out. My favourite quick look is wearing a little Covergirl mascara, some Smoochies or Covergirl Lip Balm, and a hint of eye shadow if I have an extra minute or two. Something so easy that not only helps me look my best, but also feel my best.
To get the best #covermoment possible try the following tips:
- Stand one giant step back from a window, or outside (In a shady spot is best) and look a little to the left or right. Face your body towards the light, and turn your head.
- Check your background. Having a solid wall or a pretty picture behind you helps frame your beautiful face. Or try laying down.
- Hold the camera just above eye level and a little off to one side. This will help make your neck look nice and long.
- Drop your elbow to avoid selfie shoulder and showing your arm.
- Smile (please no duck lips)
According to a recent survey by COVERGIRL, two-thirds of Canadian women surveyed were unhappy after seeing the selfies they snapped. Watch COVERGIRL Makeup Pro Amélie Ducharme offer a few quick and simple tips for Amelie, Alex and Katelyn and then take your selfie to the next level and let your #covermoment shine through!
COVERGIRL and I want to help you rock your next #covermoment and have teamed up to give you the chance to take home some of my favourite products! Enter to win this giveaway (valued at $47*) which includes:
- COVERGIRL Bombshell Volume Mascara – $11.99*
- COVERGIRL TruBlend Foundation – $13.99*
- COVERGIRL TruMagic Skin Perfector – $13.99*
- COVERGIRL Lipslicks Smoochies Sizzle Gloss – $6.49*
To enter to win fill out the form below. Giveaway is open to my Canadian readers only and will end on Feb 27th, 2014. By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize.
This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom/#mamanPG program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada.